Jonathan "Spartan" Sumogat

Last 2010, I went to Davao City to attend an amateur grappling tournament. And in the middle of the confusion I surprisingly fought a 90 kg(+)  , 6 ft (+) Caucasian male as my opponent . I was 75 kg at the time , and was defeated, though it was not embarrassing because I gave a good show . 

As I continued watching the games till the end, when I witnessed a sight so marvelous to behold . I saw my previous opponent , Luke , he is to fight a teenager around 17/18 years old at the time . I, at first glance thought that the kid was a country bumpkin with no chance of winning . I was like "Dude seriously , its like David and Goliath ." What happened next was epic , the matched ended and this boy won , just like in the story where David defeated a Goliath . I swallowed my words and he made a fan out of me . 



                                     Spartan ( Cenojas MMA ) vs. Luke ( Warrior BJJ ) 2010 Davao City


Two years later January of  2012 , during the CEBU 7 DOMINATE URCC It was eventful to be able to meet and befriend the guy . I noticed him at the preperation area of the event hall . He is a VERY quite person  , and very humble, and courteous and polite . I am already familiar with the name . He is what i might say a very mysterious man . Its funny how I got to initiate a conversation with him . As I was lurking around the event hall looking for the fighters and hopefully take nice shots  , I saw Spartan , I came closer hoping to snag a fan pic of him (tee hee) and to my surprise he handed he what seems to be a flier of some sort . I read the flier its seems to be verses from the Holy Bible . I inquired further why is he giving fliers right after victory ; his coach further explained that he is a 7th day Adventist and he is forbidden to fight on that day because of religion so he is making up by giving fliers . Later when I approached him again he opened up a bit and i was able to learn a bit of this champions life . 

What I learned during our conversation:

1.He is taking  up education to further improved his teaching skills . (He teaches his art how cool is that)
2.He eats mostly vegetables . 
3.He is lives in Davao City.
3.He is a very religious person . We have different views but we both believe in Jesus. 
4.He has a brother named Titan who is also a fighter . 
5.He has so many awards . I was in awe, I am actually talking to an international champion 


                                                             Medals and Various awards.
                                        
.
I am so happy to have met and befriend such a person . I hope to see more of his games . He is young and so  have much potential . Clearly he is a warrior fitting of his name. Jonathan "SPARTAN" Sumogat  a prodigy . Not only has he got good fighting skills and but also sport such good character . Religious , optimistic , humble and many more . It is rare to see people like him , much more to meet them in person . And God being the main  topic during our conversation has blessed  me to meet him and share thoughts with him. Having seen him fight in the ring is one good thing having a conversation with him is life changing . I am glad that I was able to meet him and learn from the experience . Perhaps with such wisdom I will grow as a fighter and as a person . May God bless you , and the people you hold dear , and grant you strength during your fights . 


                                                                     URCC debut



                                                         Colt 45 Cebu 7 Dominate URCC




                                              Yes ,... thats a hotdog on his hand...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

per·vert/pərˈvərt/

Verb:
Alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

Minions

Master Perv

My photo
Hi . My given name is Raymund Jan Madamesila. I am in my mid 20's . I'm a registered nurse in the Philippines . My friends call me PERV or LORD/MASTER PERV . And this blog will serve as a medium for me to share my out-of-the-box thinking to the world ! OHHH YEAA~~
Powered by Blogger.